- Nested Motion Descriptors: Phase based motion descriptors for action recognition
- Scene understanding on the DARPA Visual Media Reasoning program
- Nested Shape Descriptors: Exemplar based shape representations for fast global image correspondence
- Visual deck pose estimation for Firescout Landing [perch][high-hover][low-hover]
- VISYM: A Platform for Large Scale Visual Recognition [video]
- Optical-GIF: Visual time to contact estimation for guidance integrated fuzing on precision munition
- VAMAV: Visual obstacle detection and avoidance for a micro air vehicle using expansion segmentation for time to collision estimates
- VISTA: Stereo based obstacle detection for small UAVs.
- SAFESEE: EO/IR/LIDAR sense and avoid for unmanned air vehicles
- ImageNav: Image aided navigation for an unmanned air vehicle in GPS denied areas.
- EVASE: Pattern classification and tracking in head’s up display (HUD) video for aerial vehicles.
- K-cut Image Segmentation: Perceptual organization using multiway graph cuts.
- Constrained Fuzzy Clustering: Constrained fuzzy clustering for target detection in particle filters
- Reconfigurable Vision Machine: Research staff at CMU Robotics Institute for modular architecture and software tools for high performance machine vision.
- Micro Vision Engine: Consultant to CMU Robotics Institute on low noise analog NTSC layout for a vision computer suitable for a small unmanned vehicle.
- TUGV: Research assistant on high speed cross country navigation using stereo vision for the Transitional Unmanned Ground Vehicle at CMU-RI
- Virtualized Reality: CMU-RI research assistant on hardware and software based camera synchronization for multibaseline 3D reconstruction.
- Automated Timber Inventory: Precise texture segmentation for tree diameter estimation.